GTA Sales Associate (FT/PT)
The Sales Associate will assist the management team with the activities and operations of the store, while abiding by policies, procedures and operational guidelines. The Sales Associate is responsible for helping customers, checking them out, cash handling and customer service. They will listen well and communicate effectively with various audiences. The Sales Associate role is customer-facing and is an integral part of helping the company achieve its sales goal.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the supervision of the Retail Cannabis Store Manager, the duties and responsibilities of the Sales Associate include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for sales and customer experience by maintaining a tidy, safe and inviting
- Manage customer satisfaction by guiding customers through the selection process;
- Promote a work environment that is positive, customer-service oriented and compliant
with established policies and procedures;
- Greet customers warmly as they enter the store;
- Provide guidance and education about cannabis products for customers to have a safe
and enjoyable cannabis experience;
- Stay current on the cannabis industry with trends/products;
- Verify proper documentation and ID for customers; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Previous retail experience preferred;
- Knowledge of basic computer skills, point of sale software and cash management;
- Knowledge of retail cannabis is considered an asset;
- Work well with others and as a team player;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Fun attitude and strong work ethic; and
- Understand federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations as they pertain to the industry, safety regulations and standard operational procedure.
This position interfaces with internal and external contacts:
- Internal: Corporate Management Team, Managers, Assistant Managers, Sales Associates
- External: Customers, Suppliers, Vendors, Ontario Cannabis Store (OCS) Staff, Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) Staff, City and Municipal Staff, Local Businesses, Community Event Planners
- Work normal business hours including evenings, weekends and holidays;
- Must be able to lift up to twenty-five (25) lbs.;
- Required to work in a busy, open area which may result in constant interruptions;
- Required to spend long hours concentrating which will require attention to detail and high levels of accuracy; and
- Required to meet a number of deadlines which may cause stress.