GTA Retail Cannabis Store Assistant Manager
The Retail Cannabis Store Assistant Manager will be responsible for management of staff, standard operating procedures, scheduling, inventory, compliance, supplies and all other tasks that arise in a dynamic retail environment. The Retail Cannabis Store Assistant Manager is responsible for creating and maintaining an exceptional customer experience, maximizing brand awareness and driving sales. The Retail Cannabis Store Assistant Manager supports the Store Manager with the overall store experience, employee experience, and operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Retail Cannabis Store Manager, the duties and responsibilities of the Retail Cannabis Store Assistant Manager include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Must adhere to all company standards of conduct to set an example for all employees;
- Work with the Retail Cannabis Store Manager to provide employee training, develop top talent, provide constructive feedback to help employees meet expectations and goals;
- Stay up-to-date with product knowledge and new inventory and ensure employees do
- Scheduling of store and staff;
- Lead, motivate, inspire, and coach employees to create a customer-centric environment
resulting in a memorable and positive customer experience;
- Deliver exceptional customer service by observing, listening, interacting, and following up with customers to ensure satisfaction and issue/complaint resolution;
- Maintain a clean and safe environment for all employees and customers;
- Review and submit sales and operational reports to management; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum one to three (1-3) years of retail management experience or experience as an assistant manager or similar role in a customer service environment;
- High school diploma;
- Strong leadership skills to manage and mentor staff;
- Knowledge of retail cannabis is considered an asset;
- Strong computer skills and basic software experience;
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills including conflict resolution;
- Understand applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations as they pertain to the industry, safety regulations and standard operational procedure; and
- Strong floor leadership and coaching skills to develop and motivate staff.
This position interfaces with internal and external contacts:
- Internal: Corporate Management Team, Managers, Assistant Managers, Sales Associates
- External: Customers, Suppliers, Vendors, Ontario Cannabis Store (OCS) Staff, Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) Staff, City and Municipal Staff, Local Businesses, Community Event Planners
- Work normal business hours including evenings, weekends and holidays;
- Must be able to lift up to twenty-five (25) lbs.;
- Required to work in a busy, open area which may result in constant interruptions;
- Required to spend long hours concentrating which will require attention to detail and high levels of accuracy; and
- Required to meet a number of deadlines which may cause stress.